Let's share the Christmas recipes in the commentaries below!!!
1) you can publish only ONE recipe;
2) if you provide a different recipe for the dish which has already been described in the commentary, do it via the Reply button.
A recipe will bring you TWO POINTS!!!
In the United Kingdom, what is now regarded as the traditional meal consists of roast turkey, served with roast potatoes and parsnips and other vegetables, followed by Christmas pudding, a heavy steamed pudding made with dried fruit, suet, and very little flour. Other roast meats may be served, and in the nineteenth century the traditional roast was goose. The same carries over to Ireland with some variations.
- Brandy butter
- Bread sauce
- Brussels sprouts
- Chocolate yule log
- Christmas cake
- Christmas ham - Usually a honey or marmalade glazed roast or boiled gammon joint.
- Christmas pudding
- Dundee cake, traditional Scottish fruit cake
- Mince pies
- Nut roast (a popular vegetarian alternative)
- Pigs in a blanket - Chipolata sausages wrapped in bacon
- Roast turkey
- Roast beef
- Roast duck
- Roast goose
- Roast pheasant
- Roast potatoes - roasting with goose or duck fat is becoming more popular
- Tunis Cake