Let's share the Christmas recipes in the commentaries below!!!
1) you can publish only ONE recipe;
2) if you provide a different recipe for the dish which has already been described in the commentary, do it via the Reply button.
A recipe will bring you TWO POINTS!!!
In the USA, the mainstays of the table ares:
- apple cider
- boiled custard
- candy canes
- Champagne, or sparkling apple cider
- chicken and dumplings, primarily in the southern states
- chocolate fudge
- Christmas cookies
- cranberry sauce
- Dungeness crab, primarily in California
- gingerbread, often in the form of a gingerbread house or gingerbread man
- Christmas ham
- hot buttered rum
- hot chocolate
- lutefisk (among those with Scandinavian ancestry)
- mashed potato
- mixed nuts
- oyster stew, composed of oysters simmered in cream or milk and butter.
- persimmon pudding
- apple pie
- mince pie
- pecan pie
- pumpkin pie
- sweet potato pie
- Prime Rib
- plum pudding
- Russian tea cakes
- roast turkey, less often roast duck, goose, or pheasant
- Smithfield ham, often served on a biscuit or a roll
- stuffing, also known as dressing, particularly in the Southern U.S.
- lefse rolled with butter and sugar, particularly in Northern Wisconsin and Minnesota